CameraBag iPhone App

Just found this app tonight and bought it on the spot.

CameraBag (iTunes App Store link) lets you play with any photos you have on your iPhone as well as take new ones in a number of unique ways.

Starting with a photo I already had in my library (from a recent trip to Hawaii – original here), I can crop or zoom:

CameraBag

then choose one of the camera choices:

CameraBag

The cameras choices in CameraBag include:

“Helga”
A square-format toy camera feel with washed-out highlights and old-school vignetting.
CameraBag Sample

“1974″
This is your father’s camera. Faded, tinted, and hip.
CameraBag Sample

“Lolo”
Shoot from the hip and take life as it comes with vibrant, colorful shots. Note: You can’t see the white border it creates on my site.
CameraBag Sample

“Cinema”
Dramatic, moody, wide-screen stills from the movie of your life.
CameraBag Sample

“1962″
Dynamic black and whites from the photojournalists of a bygone era
CameraBag Sample

Pretty cool for $5. There’s already a Flickr Pool for photos modified by this app. The developer has a video of the app in action on their website too.

22 Comments

1. josh says:

nice thanks for the tip! now my phone is a holga which is rather handy

2. Robin says:

I just picked up this app, too – right on the spot as well. In conjunction with Photogene, taking iPhone photos has become fun again. Great shot, btw!

3. John says:

Robin: PhotoGene looks pretty cool…might have to grab that one too.

4. iPhoneFun says:

You can try another application: Model Pose for iPhone, it a useful handbook and toolbox for photographer. The poses are useful, I really love it. This application does have a lot of line drawings divided up into groups to search for the pose that fits your situation.

you can find it in iTunes App Store:

5. JSuar says:

This app is great. I use it all the time.

The only problem I’ve noticed is once camerabag has altered a photo it strips all EXIF data from the JPG (including GPS coordinates).

JS

• John says:

Yeah, that’s the same problem with most of the ‘processing’ apps – just like Photoshop, that stuff gets stripped away.

6. JSuar says:

Good point.

I shoot in raw format with my slr. The photoshop raw plug-in keeps the EXIF even when you save it as a jpg. So I’m coming from that perspective.

But you’re right, any processing done via general photoshop will remove that data.

Thanks for the reply.

JS

7. Jess says:

I love love love the CameraBag app! Definitely worth downloading!

%d bloggers like this: