Hopefully, it’s obvious that this is a big deal for a number of reasons:
- it will work with Roger’s or Fido in Canada
- you don’t have to track down a Super Sim or a Turbo Sim which were going for ridiculous amounts of money since they were sold out everywhere
- you don’t have to crack open your $600 baby and risk frying it trying to solder some wires to do the hardware hack
- they did it on my 11th wedding anniversary which is a big deal to me!
- it’s the frickin’ iPhone on any GSM carrier in the world!
If Engadget says it’s real and not a hoax, then it’s real folks….game over AT&T. Sorry, thanks for playing.
The software will be available next week….no word on pricing yet. Check out Engadget for video and all the details.
Thanks to Tod for the heads up!